Monday, July 14, 2008

There once was a man from New Haven.

It's been awhile since I posted, I know. Anyway, I turned 34 on June 24th and life is going OK, except for my golf game. I beat Metal Gear Solid 4 this weekend, and believe me, that game is a reason to buy a Playstation 3. The skateboarding hasn't been as plentiful as I hope, partly because Lake Cunningham raised their rates to 5 dollars instead of 2. TGW.com sent me the wrong hat that I ordered (or I guess didnt order!), and SnA hasn't sent me my contest-winning prize yet. Maybe life hasn't been so OK then.
I took my oldest son, 4, to see Wall-E this weekend. This is the ?th Pixar movie I can think of that features Cliff Claven as a voice. Is his voice really that great? He's been in Toy Story, A Bug's Life, Cars, Finding Nemo, Monsters Inc.,The Incredibles, Ratatouille, and now Wall-E as a fat load on the spaceship. I guess it's a running joke.
I could think of many voices more pleasing to the ear than Cheers' jolly downtrodden mailman. I think that ship has sailed, but Pixar seems to disagree.
Maybe that's why their execs rake in so much money and I work in a warehouse.
Anyway more info as soon as I can get something interesting to post.

2 comments:

Stevie Caballero said...

I'm not sure what spots are good to skate in London, England these days, since i haven't been there for awhile for street skating.

I want to see Wall-e with my daughter, she loves them Pixar movies!

hey ...$5 is pretty cheap for an all day skate at the new park if you ask me, i bought a year pass for both my daughter and myself when they first opened, you just can't beat that deal.

Now Golfing, my brother has tried years to get me on the green, i told him when i'm done skating that i'll pick the game up and that could be for years!

Congrat's on the 3 kids, they are sure a blessing in ones life. I need to get a trip to disneyland with my daughter, it's been awhile since we last went. I have a soulbowl contest down there this month, could be the perfect time to ride "pirates" again.

Hope to see ya at the park, we skate on Wed. nights there.
best wishes,
CAB

Lexington Steele said...

What's up Cab! I actually played golf with your brother once at Rancho Del Pueblo. Get out there and whack some balls! You can hit farther than you can railslide!
Yeah i know 5 bucks isnt alot for a skatepark but damn, its alot for a guy that has limited income like myself. I will still go, just not as often.
I've seen you at the park many times and it's awesome. You are my childhood idol. My first skateboard poster was a HIC one with you grinding at the Pink Motel pool.