Friday, January 16, 2009

No skating, this means me

Not like anyone cares, but here's my latest news. Haven't been skating that much lately, maybe twice in 2 months. We had a cold front for a good while and everything was icy, and now the weather is nice and I'm sick. Excuses, excuses! I did try and teach one of the other dads at my son's preschool how to skate. I was trying to show him ollies when he wilsoned and damaged his hip, so, end of lesson. I plan to skate Monday at the local, run-down park with my nephew, but he's a flake, ha ha. If I get any photos I will post them.
I have been playing some PS3 games, Call of Duty 5 and Resistance 2, but R2 sucked I thought and I sold it on Craigslist. Maybe I'll get Skate 2 but probably not. I'm reading Artie Lange's new book and it's a good one. Also just saw Seven Pounds, the Wrestler, Valkyrie, and Gran Torino, three of them out of the theater.
Between that and being a dad/husband and working, there's almost no time for skating. That will change when I get motivated again.
As Al Pacino said, "We'll get there, pop. We'll get there".

6 comments:

Nikoli said...

I understand it being cold... I understand being sick... Hell, I even understand work, husband and Dad duties. But if Lake Cunningham is your "local run-down park," I totally call BULLSHIT on not being motivated to skate. Just sayin'...

Get well soon.

Lexington Steele said...

Nikoli, thanks for commenting but obviously you didn't get the sarcasm I intended. Life is not as serious as some people take it to be. Hopefully, some day, you'll get it!

Nikoli said...

I know you were kidding about it being "run down," I was just giving you hell on being more motivated to skate... I have days(weeks) like that too though, and we have only a slightly more than adequate park here in Louisville. ;) But ours is free! Nyah nyah! ;)

Lexington Steele said...

yeah lucky for us we have many free parks around us too, but cunningham is definitely a sight to behold.

Northern Boy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Northern Boy said...

Hi Lexington. I read your comment elsewhere that you are not that religious, but believe someone is looking over us. If there really is a God who made us and made a way for us to get to his heaven, then I propose that He should indeed be a large part of our lives. I invite you to take the good person test, it shows lots of stuff the average person does not think of. May you have a very good Christmas season. Mike.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6t0s7fpg1M&feature=channel